Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Sky is not falling.

Follow us on Twitter! @agentspayforwrd

If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you might remember my blog several months ago about the Swine Flu. In that blog, I talked about a letter that was leaked from someone inside the WHO, which reported the controversial history of the swine flu. I also went a little further, conducted some more research, and found that the Swine flu really was no more of a threat than the seasonal flu. Over the months, people have died from the flu—both seasonal and swine—but no more than normal. This morning, when I checked Yahoo! News, I read this article: Did the WHO exaggerate the H1N1 Flu Pandemic’s Danger?

Where would this world be without our Chicken Littles running around, screaming, “The Sky is falling! The Sky is falling!”? I think it’d be a much different world. Right now, we sit and wait, in the middle of the Great Recession, hoping that tomorrow will bring a new economy. I have felt an overwhelming spirit of fear loom over this country in recent months. I am not going to say that it’s been because of any one person or event. But it is up to everyone to take responsibility for their own world.

If the sky is falling in someone else’s world, let it fall. Don’t let their world bring your world down. You’re no good to anyone else, if you’re no good to yourself. Here’s a great example: I have friends I don’t socialize with that much because every time we get together, and I ask them how they’re doing, they complain about whatever problems they have in their lives. Essentially, they feel their skies are falling in on their worlds. If I allow those people to influence my world, then I am going to start thinking that the sky is falling in on my world. It’s not. It’s not falling in on my world, and it’s not falling in on your world.

Though, understand, that whether those Chicken Littles come in the form of the WHO, politicians, friends, or even family, they will come. They will scream, “The sky is falling! The Sky is falling!” My job, and yours too, is too remember that if you allow their fears to creep into your mind you will think the sky is falling in on your world, even if it’s a bright sunny day outside.

0 Comments:

Agents Paying Forward Blog
 

AgentsPayingForward.com | Contact us | P: (916) 709-6101 |