Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Patience in Your Approach

Follow us on Twitter! @agentspayforwrd

I like to get in a daily dose of exercise. Last week I pushed myself a little more than I should have and pulled my calf muscle.

On Monday, it wasn’t that bad, and within a couple of hours after my morning routine the pain went away. I forgot about it, and on Tuesday I got back on the treadmill. The dull pain came back. Again, it subsided a short time after my routine. I got back on there on Wednesday and Thursday.

About ¼ of a mile through my run my body screamed for me to stop; though, I pushed myself through the pain. Once I set my mind to something a semi truck can’t stop me. Of course, that attitude has its up and down sides; though, I'll save that for another blog. I made it to the end of my run; but I paid for it, and I’m still paying for it.

For the first few days, I soaked in some Epsom salt, and over the last couple of days, I have been icing. I suppose I could combine the two, but I haven’t gotten that brave yet. Slowly but surely my calf is getting stronger.

When you want to connect with other people, there’s a right way and a wrong way to do it. Start off slow, feel the person(s) out, determine if you can be of value to one another, and approach that person(s) in the same way you would want to be approached.

And please remember that just as you always have to account for your daily physical activities, thanks to Web 2.0 you are also always accountable for how you conduct yourself with possible clients or business partners. If you injure your reputation, you could pay for it exponentially. Taking a few extra moments to assess the situation, determine the value of the relationship, and then move into it gradually will pay off dividends.

Patience in your approach will keep you from injuring your and your businesses reputation.

If you want to connect with me, you can follow me on Twitter or connect with me on Facebook


Erick

0 Comments:

Agents Paying Forward Blog
 

AgentsPayingForward.com | Contact us | P: (916) 709-6101 |