Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kristy Lasch Miracle Foundation Joins AgentsPayingForward

Follow us on Twitter! @agentspayforwrd
How Does Somebody You Didn’t Know Touch Your Life Like This?

Memorial Day ( I wrote this last weekend) is a day when we honor those who died defending our country. For one family, in a sense though, every day is Memorial Day. I didn’t know Kristy Lasch, and I’m very sorry for that. Kristy was 22 years old when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and 26 when she passed away from the disease. I first heard of Kristy this afternoon from a friend of her family, Cindy Papale, a breast cancer survivor. Cindy became a friend on Facebook, and she asked if I knew of any women who had contended with breast cancer. Cindy has written a book, "The Empty Cup Runneth Over" about breast cancer, and how it affects more women at a young age: Cindy has a website as well: http://www.theemptycuprunnethover.com/. A portion of the book proceeds go to the Kristy Lasch Miracle Foundation. I wrote back to Cindy to contact Gina Andrews, and Nicole Maclean: both cancer survivors and both inspirational stories in their own rights.

Cindy asked if I could help the Kristy Lasch Miracle Foundation, and I shared with her my sites Agentspayingforward.com and ACNPayingforward.com. My intention is to have the Kristy Lasch Miracle Foundation as a charity to be supported, and, when you hear the story, I hope you consider supporting their mission.

I asked the question about how somebody you didn’t know can affect your life above. I spoke to Kristy’s mom, and asked if she would provide content for this blog piece. Ms. Lasch didn’t feel comfortable doing so, and asked if I, after reading the website for the Kristy Lasch Miracle Foundation, would do it. I thought to myself how hard it must be to lose a daughter so young, but to start an organization dedicated to changing the lives of other women afflicted by this disease. Kristy Lasch, a name I did not know 12 hours ago, forced me to think about the fact that I now have been involved with a young woman, Gina Andrews who, Thank God, has beaten cancer. Gina also started the Sacramento Breast Cancer Resource Center as a resource for young women with the disease.

I then thought about a woman, Nicole Maclean, who is currently going through treatment for breast cancer. In spite of her affliction, Nicole stays positive and helps other women fighting breast cancer. Nicole also writes a blog about her experiences: http://fabulous-boobies.blogspot.com/. As I thought about it, and I’ve met one women who beat breast cancer. I met another woman who is fighting breast cancer currently, and I met, through friends who knew her, another woman who died too damn young from breast cancer. All of the aforementioned women inspired me. All of them have fought, or are fighting their disease. All of the women chose to share their experiences, and also help others fighting breast cancer. Kristy Lasch was 26 years old when she passed, but had the maturity to want to help others.

More importantly for me, I learned once again that there are great organizations that need financial help for their missions: such is the case with the Kristy Lasch Miracle Foundation. It is a great organization dedicated to helping women, women far too young to have breast cancer, beat the terrible disease. Agentspayingforward and ACNPayingforward are designed to help agents and charities network together for mutual benefit, and the Kristy Lasch Miracle Foundation is a charity well worth supporting.

0 Comments:

Agents Paying Forward Blog
 

AgentsPayingForward.com | Contact us | P: (916) 709-6101 |